- 24 fresh oysters, shucked, shells reserved
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 c fresh spinach, loosely packed
- 1 bunch watercress, stems trimmed
- 1/2 c green onions
- 3/4 c unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c breadcrumbs (dry)
- 2 tbsp. Pernod
- 1 tsp. fennel, seeds ground
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb rock salt
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese
- Position rack in the top third of oven and preheat to 450 degrees F.
- Finely chop garlic in processor. Add spinach, watercress, and green onions to garlic. Process until mixture is finely chopped. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Combine butter, breadcrumbs, Pernod, fennel, and hot sauce in processor. Process until well blended.
- Return spinach mixture to processor and turn on just until blended.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle sheet pan with ½ inch of rock salt.
- Arrange oysters in half shells on top of rock salt.
- Top with spinach mixture and parmesan cheese.
- Cook 8 minutes.