- 3 c flour
- 1/2 c molasses
- 2 1/4 c sugar
- 6 tbsp. vegetable shortening
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- If using Wolf convection oven, position oven racks to 1, 3 and 5 (counting from the bottom of the oven).
- Preheat Wolf oven in CONVECTION at 325° F (165°C).
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and spices.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and flu!y.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well.
- Add molasses and beat again until well combined.
- Gently mix in dry ingredients, scrape down bowl and gently mix again.
- Scoop into balls and roll in bowl of granulated sugar to coat well.
- Bake on parchment at least 2” apart.
- Bake at 325 degrees in convection mode for about 16 minutes or until center of cookie is cooked through.