- 3 c peaches (3 or 4), pits removed and sliced
- 1 c sugar, plus 2 Tbsp, divided
- 1 c flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 c butter (1 stick), melted
- vanilla ice cream, optional
- caramel sauce, optional
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Place sliced peaches in 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add 1 cup sugar and flour. Stir to combine; create well in center.
- Add egg and melted butter in the well. Stir just until flour is moistened.
- Place spoonfuls of batter evenly on top of peaches.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with caramel sauce or your favorite vanilla ice cream.