Gorilla Bars are easy on the go snacks for the little ones. Add your favorite dried fruit to this recipe and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Total Time: 1h
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- Choice of chopped dried fruits
- Butter a 7x11 glass baking dish and set aside, Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, wheat germ onto a half- sheet pan, Place in oven and toast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, combine the honey, brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract and salt in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until the brown sugar has completely dissolved.
- Once the oat mixture is done, remove it from the oven and reduce the heat to 300 degrees F. Immediately add the oat mixture to the liquid mixture, add the dried fruit and stir to combine.
- Turn mixture out into the prepared baking dish and press down with a piece of parchment paper. Evenly distribute the mixture in the dish and place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Run a knife around the end go the pan and turn out onto a cutting board. Cut down the center vertically and horizontally and then make two more cuts within each half and create 3 rows and 4 columns.