- 6 pieces cubed steak
- Nature’s Season Salt
- Self-rising flour/rice flour
- Canola Oil
- Half & Half
- Kitchen Bouquet
- Season both sides of the cubed steak with Nature’s Season.
- Prepare a large cast iron skillet with about ½ inch of oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Dredge the steak pieces in Half & Half with several dashes of Tabasco and then a combination of ½ self-rising flour and ½ rice flour.
- Place in skillet and let brown well before flipping (approximately 3 minutes per side).
- Once done with all 6 pieces, take most of the oil out of the pan, leaving just the drippings of flour that have browned.
- Put the skillet on a medium heat and heat the drippings slowly while adding in the Half & Half until your achieve desired thickness for the gravy.
- To thin, add water and a teaspoon of kitchen bouquet.
- Serve the steak on a bed of Mashed Potatoes with the gravy poured over each.