- 2 1/2 c heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 brioche loaf
- Raspberry jam
- Pinch of salt
- Pour the heavy cream into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Once the cream comes to a simmer add the lemon juice and whisk until the cream begins to thicken, roughly 13-15 minutes.
- When thickened, turn off the heat and transfer the pan to an ice bath. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the lined sieve inside a slightly larger bowl and transfer the cooled cream to the lined sieve.
- Cover the cream and store in the fridge for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours the cream will set and you will get a little bit of whey from the cream into the bowl that you placed below the strainer. Save this to use for other recipes. What's left in the cheesecloth will be a thick mascarpone cheese.
- Butter a slice of bread, then sprinkle sugar on top and broil on high on the second rack from top for 2 minutes.
- To assemble, spread the mascarpone cheese on top, add a dollop of raspberry jam, and garnish with fresh raspberries.