- 1 9" pastry shell, unbaked
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 c buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c (heaping) grated, fresh coconut (or 3 ¼ oz can coconut)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, flour, butter, eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and coconut.
- Pour into the pie shell.
- Place the pie on a cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour, or until firm.
- If the crust starts to brown too rapidly, tent it with foil.