- 4 leg quarters with skin-on
- Nature's Season Salt
- Cooking Spray
- Kitchen Bouquet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse chicken pieces and dry well with paper towel.
- Season the front and back sides of the chicken quarters and place (skin side up) in a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Spray the chicken lightly with the cooking spray and dot with butter.
- Place in center of the oven and set timer for 30 minutes.
- When timer goes off, take out and dot with more butter and then place back in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the meat thermometer registers 190 degrees.
- Once done, remove from oven and place the chicken pieces on a platter and transfer the drippings to a small saucepan.
- Heat to a light boil and then thicken with a mixture of 1-2 Tablespoons of cornstarch to enough water to make a pourable paste.
- Add slowly using a whisk until the gravy is thickened.
- Add a drop of Kitchen Bouquet for browning and flavor.
- Once the gravy is complete and you are ready to serve, place the chicken pieces back in baking pan and put under the broiler at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes or until desired crispness is achieved.
- Serve with a bed of white rice and gravy poured over each.