This simple dish works well as a side dish, appetizer, or even as the bread accompaniment to a salad!
- 24-30 stalks fresh asparagus
- 1 loaf white bread
- Hellman's mayonnaise
- Parmesan, freshly grated
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for about 5 minutes, then immediately transfer to an ice water bath.
- Drain asparagus when cooled.
- Trim crust from bread. Roll flat with rolling pin.
- Spread with coat of mayonnaise.
- Trim asparagus from tip end to a little longer than bread. Roll up inside the white bread, jelly roll fashion.
- Dip into melted butter and roll in parmesan cheese.
- Place on sheet pan to freeze. Store in Ziploc bags after frozen.
- When ready to use, place on a sheet pan in a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve full length as a side accompaniment or cut in half as a two-bite appetizer.