- 1 puff pastry shell, thawed
- 3 Tbsp, plus 2 tsp butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 c almond flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 200 mL honey, divided
- 2 Cosmic Crisp (or Pink Lady) apples, very thinly sliced
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves picked
- Whipped Topping
- Roll out the pastry to a circle and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Pinch the edges of the puff pastry to make it thicker to prevent run off.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place butter, egg yolk, almond meal, vanilla and 1/4 cup (60ml) honey in a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Spread over pastry and arrange apple slices on top.
- Drizzle with 1/4 cup (60ml) honey.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Place the rosemary and remaining 1/3 cup (80ml) honey in a pan over low heat, swirling to melt honey, then pour over tart.
- Serve with whipped topping.