- 3 c spring mix, lettuce blend
- 3/4 c dried cranberries
- 3/4 c blue cheese crumbles
- 3/4 c mandarin oranges
- 1/3 c candied pecans
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 c pecan halves
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Hellman's mayonaisse
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Arrange the lettuce on salad plates, and sprinkle the candied pecans, blue cheese, cranberries, and oranges on top of each salad. Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over salad.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Add the granulated sugar and let dissolve. Once sugar is dissolved, pour in the pecans and stir.
- Let pecans cook, stirring every few minutes. The liquid will begin to thicken. When most of the liquid has cooked out, the pecans will be shiny and sticky.
- Spread the pecans on the prepared sheet pan. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until they are not shiny and look frosty. Let the pecans cool and break apart before serving on the salad.
- Blend the balsamic vinegar, mayonnaise, water, garlic, mustard and brown sugar together in a blender. Slowly add the olive oil until all ingredients are mixed well. Salt and pepper the dressing to taste.