- 1 c unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 c granulated sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c heavy cream, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 c cake flour
- 1 1/4 c Hershey's mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- floured baking spray
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/8 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. chocolate flavoring
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed for 20 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- While the butter and sugar are creaming, measure out remaining ingredients for the pound cake.
- After 20 minutes, add the cream cheese to the butter mixture and cream until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the salt, cream and vanilla and beat on medium speed until the ingredients are well incorporated. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl again.
- Slowly add the cake flour and beat on low speed until well incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl and incorporate any unmixed batter if necessary.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Spray mini bundt pans with floured baking spray.
- Pour the batter into the bundt trays until about 2/3 full. Tap the pan on hte counter to ensure there are no air bubbles.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the largest part of the bundt, and if there is no cake on the skewer, it is done.
- Combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, or until the mixture is smooth and not grainy.
- Remove from the heat and mix in vanilla extract and chocolate flavoring.