- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 c 2% or whole milk
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c grated Gruyère, Comté, Vermont Cheddar
- 1 lb head broccoli, cut into 1-inch florets, steamed
- 3/4 lb sliced leftover sliced turkey
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Melt butter. Add flour and cook, stirring, until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Gradually blend in milk and cream. Add cayenne and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and begins to boil.
- Add Gruyère and cook, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Warm the turkey in the microwave. If using leftover broccoli, warm in microwave as well.
- Divide broccoli amongst 4 individual gratin dishes.
- Pour about 1/4 cup sauce over each dish.
- Layer turkey atop the broccoli. Cover with the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat for about 5 minutes or until cheese is browned, watching constantly.