- 1 pkg (25 oz) frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 3/4 c Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese (from the jar)
- 1/4 c Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c finely shredded fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add ravioli and cook for four minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In one large shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk together. In another large shallow bowl, combine panko, Parmesan, bread crumbs, garlic powder, paprika, and salt.
- Dip each ravioli into egg mixture and let excess drip off before dipping it in the bread crumb mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet and repeat until all ravioli have been breaded.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and Italian seasoning and cook, stirring constantly for 20-30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce to a nice steady simmer and cook for 15 minutes until sauce is thick and chunky.
- If you like a less chunky sauce, use a heat-resistant rubber spatula to press the softened chunks of tomato against the side of the pot during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- If you like a smooth pizza sauce, use an immersion blender or pulse with a regular blender a few times after sauce is finished cooking.
- Stir in shredded basil (if using). The sauce is now ready to use. If storing, allow to cool and then store in an airtight container.