- Pre-made or packaged pie crust
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. bourbon whisky (optional)
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 c leftover sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 1 c pecans, half of them roughly chopped, the other half whole
- Place dough on and in a pie dish and crimp the edges. Poke the bottom of the crust a few times with tines of a fork. Place into the freezer to chill.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla extract, bourbon whisky (if using), and sweetened condensed milk.
- Whisk together the sugar mixture with the mashed sweet potato until smooth. Pour into the frozen, unbaked pie shell. Smooth surface so that it is even.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour or until the filling has set. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes or so.
- Melt 3 Tbsp butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup of brown sugar and cook, stirring, until smooth, a couple of minutes. The sugar should bubble up a bit. Stir in 1 Tbsp of heavy whipping cream. The mixture should bubble up a lot. As soon as you\'ve mixed in the cream, add the pecans. Stir to coat the pecans with the sugar mixture. As soon as the pecans are coated with the sugar mixture, pour them over the top of the pie. Use the back of a metal spoon to spread them out in an even layer on the top of the pie.
- Let the pie cool for a few minutes before serving.