- 1 c sweet corn
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 c sugar
- 1 c ricotta cheese
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/2 c cake flour
- 1/2 c corn flour (Masa Instant corn flour)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. milk
- In a small seasoned cast iron skillet, heated to very hot, roast the corn until brown on edges, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and spread out to cool. Spray Bundt pan with floured baking spray and sprinkle sugar on the bottom.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add ricotta cheese.
- Add eggs one at a time and ensure incorporated before adding next.
- In a separate bowl, sift the cake and corn flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the vanilla to buttermilk and mix. Alternate adding the dry and wet to the creamed butter, beginning and ending with flour.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for another 2 minutes. Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in the roasted corn.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan, spreading evenly.
- Lightly drop the pan on the counter two times to get out air bubbles. Use a cutting board or towel to protect your countertops.
- Place the cake on the middle rack and set the temperature for 300 F. (Note: Cake goes in cold oven to start)
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately push down the sides if they have risen above the edge of the pan. This will keep the edges from getting crisp and separating when you invert the pan.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, flip on top of the cooling rack with parchment paper underneath.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on low to medium heat.
- Add the powdered sugar and whisk until blended.
- Add the salt and milk and whisk until all ingredients are absorbed and the glaze is smooth. Immediately pour on top of the cake until completely used.
- Allow the glaze to soak into the cake then serve!