- 2 c crushed pretzels
- 3/4 c butter, melted
- 3 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 c white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip®), thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored Jell-O®
- 2 c boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping by hand. Spread mixture onto cooled crust. Refrigerate.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.