- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 2 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 oz ea) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14.5 oz ea) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic, undrained
- 2 cans (4 oz ea) chopped green chiles
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. chili powder, add more for more heat
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- peanuts, optional for garnish
- shredded cheddar, optional for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add beef and cook until no longer pink, 7-8 minutes, breaking it into crumbles. Drain with a colander.
- Add green pepper, onion, and carrots to the skillet. Cook and stir until slightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer meat, vegetables, and drippings to a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker.
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, green chilies, peanut butter, chili powder, salt, and paprika. Cook, covered, on low heat for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Top with chopped peanuts and shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!