Looking for something easy, yet delicious? Look no further, this corn chowder is sure to satisfy your taste buds!
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved or quartered
- 6 slices bacon, for garnish
- 1 Rotisserie chicken
- 1/8 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 1/2 cups canned corn
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Freshly ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chives, for garnish
- Into your slow cooker, place potatoes and flour. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Next, stir in chicken broth, corn, thyme, basil and onion powder. Cook on high for 3 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in chicken, cheese, milk and cream, until cheese is melted and fully incorporated. Heat for another 10 minutes to warm the chicken.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with pepper, bacon and chives. Serve.