- 1 1/4 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion,diced
- 1/3 c shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 1/3 c almonds, sliced
- 1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- salt to taste
- Cut each Brussels sprout in half through the root, then slice thinly.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the skillet, then add the Brussels sprouts. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the Brussels sprouts are tender, but still bright green.
- Stir in the pistachios, sliced almonds, dried cranberries, Parmesan cheese, and pepper. Taste and season with additional salt, if desired.
- Transfer to a serving dish and keep warm until ready to serve.