For the fish
- 5 fresh local fish filets (tilapia can be used if local fish not available)
- 15 medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tbsp. low-fat mayo
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 c shredded cabbage and carrots
- 5 whole-grain tortilla shells
For the peach-nectarine salsa
- ½ cup diced fresh peaches
- ¼ cup diced fresh nectarines
- ½ medium red sweet pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. thinly sliced scallions
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 ¼ teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1 ¼ teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ¼ teaspoons vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Rinse fish and shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Place fish and shrimp in a greased shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic powder, and cumin and brush mixture over both sides of fish and shrimp.
- Bake shrimp for 3 minutes. Bake fish for about 6 minutes, turn over, and bake for another 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- With fork, break fillets into smaller pieces and chop shrimp.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and lime juice. Add cabbage/carrot mix and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine all salsa ingredients and mix together.
- To assemble tacos, warm tortillas, wrapped in damp paper towels, in microwave for 45 seconds, and top each with a fifth of the fish, shrimp, and some of the coleslaw and salsa.