I just love this cookie! It melts in your mouth, and the jam gives it the perfect amount of tart, while the glaze adds those delicious almond hints. You’re going to enjoy making this recipe with your little ones in the kitchen.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Category: Dessert
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 1 c Margarine (softened)
- 2 c Flour
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 c Finely chopped nuts
- 1/2 c Raspberry jam
- 1 c Powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. water (more or less for drizzling)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cream sugar and margarine with electric mixer until smooth.
- Continue to blend in remaining ingredients.
- Form into tablespoon balls and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Indent with thumb or ¼ teaspoon.
- Fill with raspberry jam.
- Bake at 300°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and allow them to set.