- 2 c whole milk, divided
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- chopped roasted peanuts, for garnish
- sliced bananas, for garnish
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c evaporated milk
- Heat 1 cup of milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When the milk is boiling, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the remaining cup of milk, a little at a time, to avoid clumps. Whisk in the egg.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar mixture, stirring constantly. Return to medium-low heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the pudding comes to a simmer and is thick and creamy, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the peanut butter.
- Divide the pudding among 4-6 half cup ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until fully set, about 2 hours.
- Add chocolate chips and evaporated milk to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave, covered with a wet paper towel for 30 seconds.
- Let sit for 10 seconds, then microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Let sit, do not remove the paper towel for 2 minutes.
- Stir for 1 minute until glossy and smooth.
- When pudding is fully set, garnish with roasted peanuts, sliced bananas, and/or chocolate sauce!