- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 c dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tbsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 c melted unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. salted butter
- 2 c corn kernels
- 1 c okra (sliced thin)
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 c heavy cream
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 c Titan Farms Peach Salsa (https://www.veryvera.com/recipes/recipe/titan-farms-peach-salsa)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a shallow 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Tenderize your chicken breasts, flattening until about 3⁄4 of an inch thick.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, garlic salt, ground black pepper, paprika, and onion powder.
- Dip each chicken piece in melted butter, then into the crumb mixture coating evenly.
- Arrange the breaded chicken breasts in your prepared baking dish. Dot with the salted butter.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted meat thermometer reads 165°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the corn kernels, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the eggs and heavy cream until batter is well-combined.
- Line a plate with paper towels. Coat the bottom of a large sauté pan with vegetable oil and place it over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, scoop 1/4 cup batter into the pan, spreading it lightly into a flat circular shape. Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes until they’re golden brown, flip, and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side. Transfer the fritters to the paper towel-lined plate, season them immediately with salt and repeat the cooking process with remaining batter, adding more oil to the pan as needed. If the fritters are not holding together, add more flour and heavy cream until your batter is sticky and staying together.
- Repeat until you have no more batter.
- Slice chicken into desired size and serve on top of chicken with a generous spoonful of peach salsa on top!