This is a great reason to get healthy in the kitchen. Apples and peanut butter are one of my favorite combinations and I just absolutely love this fun twist on this classic. If you are making this with younger children, you’re going to want to cute the mouth slivers out for them so they don’t hurt themselves. Be mindful of allergies if you’re working with a large group. Biscotti spread is a great alternative to peanut butter.
- Prep Time: 7m
- Total Time: 7m
- Serves: 6 apples
- Category: Appetizers, Other
- 6 Granny smith apples
- 6 tbsp. Reese’s peanut butter (*see below regarding allergies)
- Mini marshmallows
- Strawberry slices
- Candy eyeballs
- Cut a large, horizontal, wedge out of the apples (adult should do this).
- Use butter knife to spread about a tablespoon of peanut butter on the fleshy surface of the apple. Decorate the “smile” with marshmallow teeth and a strawberry tongue. Add candy eyes, securing with another dab of peanut butter.
- *Sunbutter is sunflower seed butter and is free from all major allergens. If your camp has no peanut allergies you may use peanut butter. Another nut-free spread is Biscoff Cookie Spread.