- 1 stick butter, salted
- 3 c sugar
- pinch salt
- 3 squares Bakers chocolate
- 1 small can evaporated milk (5 oz)
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
- 3 tbsp. white Karo Syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate (double boiler or microwave). Set aside.
- Lightly brown the butter.
- While on heat, add sugar, evaporated milk, salt, karo syrup and white vinegar. Bring to a boil.
- Add melted chocolate to mixture, cover with a lid and put candy thermometer in mixture. Let it get to soft ball, between 235 and 245 degrees.
- Remove mixture from heat and add nuts and vanilla.
- Place the pan in a container of cold water to cool, beating mixture until ready to set.
- Spread in a buttered 8x8 pan.
- Refigerate leftovers.