- 1 lb macaroni
- 1/3 c Monterey Jack cheese, hand-shredded
- 1/3 c Havarti cheese, hand-shredded
- 6 oz Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 3/4 c sharp cheddar cheese (reserve ¾ cup for topping), hand-shredded
- 1 stick salted butter (reserve 1 tablespoon)
- 2 3/4 c heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 c panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 325F and prepare an 8 x 8-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Boil the macaroni according to the package directions until al dente, being careful not to overcook. Drain the cooked macaroni.
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 3 cheeses, plus 1 cup of shredded cheddar. Then add 7 tablespoons of butter and heavy cream.
- Pour the hot macaroni over the cheese mixture, cover, and let sit until the cheese is soft but not completely melted.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together the egg, salt, and pepper. Add this to the macaroni mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Pour the macaroni mixture into the prepared pan. Top with the reserved 3/4 cup shredded cheddar and panko bread crumbs, and dot with the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.