- 1 c sugar
- 1 c unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c pecans, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine sugar, butter, and cream cheese. Cream until light fluffy.
- Add egg yolk, beating well.
- Stir in flour, nuts, salt, and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Cover and chill 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Shape dough into 2-inch logs.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets and press slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Dip end of cooled cookie in melted chocolate and let set before serving.