- Floured baking spray
- 4 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 c confectioners’ sugar, plus more for garnish
- 4 c all-purpose flour
- 4 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and grease a half sheet pan (13 x 18 inches), with edges, with floured baking spray.
- Melt the butter in a large bowl in the microwave.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar and flour to the melted butter and mix until well blended.
- Press into the greased half sheet pan.
- Bake the cookie base for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, make the lemon filling; stir together the sugar, flour, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest and mix until well blended.
- Pour the mixture over the hot crust and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let the bars cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and cut into 1-inch squares.