- 8 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 c + 2 tbsp. dark brown sugar (divided)
- 1/2 c unsalted butter + 1 tbsp. (divided)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 2 tbsp. Jack Daniels bourbon
- 2 tbsp. Appleton rum
- 1 c Truth Honey (Bourbon)
- 6 oz frozen orange juice
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. water
- marshmallows (optional)
- orange zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Boil potatoes in water with 1 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar until semi-soft to touch (poke with fork to test).
- Drain potatoes, let cool, peel and slice. Layer potatoes in the prepared casserole dish.
- In a small pot, combine the butter, cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar, frozen orange juice and honey. Cook on medium heat, stirring until sugars are dissolved.
- Add the bourbon and rum.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the cornstarch and water. Pour into the mixture on the stove and bring to a boil for 2 minutes to help thicken.
- Pour the thickened mixture over the sliced sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 45 minutes to one hour, oven dependent.
- Add marshmallows to the top and broil 1-2 minutes to slightly brown. Garnish with orange zest.