This recipe is another classic from my recipe box. I originally got this recipe from the Junior League “Perennials” cookbook in the 1980s when I first started my catering business. Since then, I’ve brought it to so many gatherings and people absolutely love it!
- 4 slices of bacon, fried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 8 ounce package, cream cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Drain and crumble bacon; set aside. Heat bacon drippings in skillet. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook. Stirring often, until liquid has evaporated. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Add cream cheese, Worcestershire, and soy sauce; cook. Stirring constantly, until cheese melts. Stir sour cream and bacon into mushroom mixture; cook until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly. (Do not Boil.) Serve warm with assorted crackers.