- 1 Sirloin Steak
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. coarsely-cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp. smoky paprika
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup coffee granules, finely ground
- 2 tbsp. Hershey® cocoa powder
- Serve with balsamic and chocolate reduction sauce
- Make sure the steak is at room temperature.
- Brush both sides of the steak with olive oil.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the cocoa rub.
- Sprinkle both sides of the steak with 1 teaspoon cocoa rub. Using your hands, rub the mixture well into the steak.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a cast iron pan over high heat.
- Place 1 tablespoon olive oil in the hot pan and place steaks in the pan.
- Sear the steak 2-3 minutes without lifting or moving them or until crusty and brown. Flip the steak over and cook it another 2-3 minutes or until it has a nice sear.
- Transfer the cast iron skillet with the steak to the hot oven and cook the steak until medium-rare.