- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. shallots, chopped
- 2 c whole milk
- 2 c water
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. rosemary, chopped
- 1 c medium or coarse ground polenta
- 1 c shredded Parmesan
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium pot, heat the oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and shallot and quickly sauté.
- Add the milk, water, and cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add the herbs and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- At a simmer, slowly rain in the polenta while whisking.
- Bring to a light simmer and add the parmesan and butter, looking for the consistency of a thinner oatmeal.
- Check the seasoning again and add some salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve hot.