- 10 oz sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (3 cups)
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) lager or ale
- Juice of 1 lemon (3 tablespoons)
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 tsp. hot sauce, such as Tabasco or Crystal
- 1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the mixture is smooth and spreadable.
- Transfer to a small bowl to serve.
For ribbon sandwiches
- Thickly spread 2 layers cheese spread between alternating, crustless white and wheat bread. Slice bread into 1/4-inch strips, then cut each strip into 2-inch pieces.