Give your wood-fired eats a serious snap of flavor. Grilled sugar snap peas pair perfectly with smoky, sweet and salty bacon.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Serves: 5 People
- Category: Sides
- 2 lb Sugar snap peas, ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 lb Bacon
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 Medium Shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 c Bourbon
- 2 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes). Set the temperature to 350 degrees F and preheat, lid closed 10-15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss peas with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place a grill mat, foil, or tray on the grill grate to prevent peas from falling through the grates. Cook peas for 10 minutes until lightly browned and tender but still bright green.
- Place bacon slices on the grill next to peas and cook 15-20 minutes or until fat is rendered and slightly crisp.
- While the bacon and peas cook, heat butter in a cast iron over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and sauté until tender and cooked through. Deglaze with bourbon and cook until reduced by half. Add maple syrup and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Remove bacon from grill and chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Toss bacon pieces with grilled sugar snap peas and maple bourbon mixture and serve.