- 1 ½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, halved if small or cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon freshly chopped oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 3 tbsp. cup homemade chicken stock or reduced fat low sodium chicken broth
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Combine the potatoes, oil, garlic, oregano, and cayenne in a shallow baking dish. Season with salt and pepper then scatter the potatoes around so that they are in a single layer. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the stock, lemon juice, and lemon zest and stir to combine, making sure to loosen them from the bottom of the pan. Continue to bake until the potatoes are crispy and tender to the point of a knife, an additional 25 to 30 minutes. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper.