- 1 tube Pillsbury Grands!® biscuits
- Oil, for frying
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 ½ teaspoons corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs
- 2 c buttermilk
- 1 tsp. tabasco sauce
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Lawry’s
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Flatten the biscuit dough. Stretch the middle of the dough with two fingers to create a round opening.
- Pour oil 1 inch deep into a small saucepan or an electric frying pan and heat to medium high setting or 375°F. Fry doughnuts on each side until golden brown (about 30 seconds each side). Remove and place on paper towel. Using your hands, dip one side of the donut into the glaze. Place on a wire rack on a sheet pan to let the glaze set. Donuts are best served the day they are made but may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl with a whisk until smooth.
- Place the chicken pieces on a sheet pan and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Combine the buttermilk and seasonings in a ziploc bag for the wet mixture.
- In a bowl pan, mix flour and all remaining chicken ingredients except the oil. Heat about ½ inch oil in a Dutch oven medium-high heat.
- Dunk the chicken pieces in the wet mixture, allowing the excess to drip off. Roll chicken in flour mixture until well coated. Add chicken to hot oil, 350 degrees, in the skillet. Let the chicken cook until light brown on the outside. Turn down the heat and cover the pan. Let the chicken cook until you no longer hear the oil sizzling. Uncover the pan and turn the heat up and the let the outside of the chicken finish browning.
- Uncover the skillet. Turn the chicken; cook 5 to 8 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs). Drain chicken on several layers of paper towels, Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve cold.