- 1 lb sunset farms chorizo
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 c of chopped sweet onions
- 1/2 c brandy
- 5 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 2 c homemade vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- In a medium stock pot, brown the sausage, then remove to the side leaving the rendered fat behind.
- Melt the butter in the pan and sauté the onions in the fat and butter combination until translucent.
- Add the brandy to the pot and deglaze, scraping all the fond off the bottom but taking care as it may flame up as the alcohol cooks out.
- Add the pumpkin puree, chicken stock, salt, and pepper to the pot and reduce to a medium simmer.
- Using an immersion blender puree the soup.
- Reunite the sausage with the pumpkin soup and remove from the heat.
- Stir in the cream and serve.
- Optional condiments and garnishes may include Gruyere, Arugula, Granny smith apple chunks, or a fried egg.