- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp. yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c warm milk
- 1/4 c warm water
- Combine the dry ingredients in the bowl of stand mixer.
- Combine the milk and water in a large liquid measuring cup and microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until warm to the touch, NOT scalding.
- Add the warm liquid to the dry mixture and mix on low for 30 seconds, then on high for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in another 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour.
- Grease an 8” or 9” loaf pan with butter and sprinkle it with cornmeal.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and sprinkle cornmeal on the top of the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and hollow sounding when tapped.
- Remove immediately and cool on a wire rack.