I have used this recipe countless times. This has been a go-to item for me when I was catering, and it was an original recipe from my first episode ever of the VeryVera show! Enjoy it in a bowl, or place it in a mold.
Note: These quantities are for a large mold. For smaller quantities, cut the recipe in half.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 25m
- 4 pounds medium shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined. Cut each shrimp in thirds. Set aside
- 32 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Medium, onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon Durkee famous sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Combine all of these, mixing well
- Fold shrimp into cream cheese mixture. Add salt and pepper. Pour into a 5 cup fish mold. Refrigerate until firm. Unmold onto platter lined with red-leaf lettuce. Serve with crackers