- 1 1/2 lb carrots (about finger-width thick), with green tops trimmed to about 1-inch
- 1 1/2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 c aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c Hershey’s® special dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- generous pinch kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the carrots on a rimmed sheet pan and spread in a single layer. Drizzle the carrots with the olive oil and sprinkle the salt evenly over the top. Lay the thyme sprigs on top.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast until the carrots are tender and brown in spots, about 35 minutes. During cooking, shake the pan and rotate at the halfway point so the carrots cook evenly. While the carrots are cooking, make the reduction sauce.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat. Simmer until the vinegar has reduced to ¼ cup. Remove the pan from the heat and add in the chocolate. Let the chocolate melt for 30 seconds, then gently stir the sauce until the chocolate has melted completely and the sauce is smooth. Add the honey and kosher salt and mix well. Cover the pan to keep the sauce warm until you’re ready to serve the carrots.
- To serve, discard the thyme and arrange the carrots on a serving dish. Drizzle generously with the reduction sauce, and serve immediately.
- Any remaining reduction sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. The sauce will need to come to room temperature and slightly warmed before using.