This recipe is great for hosting! It’s super easy to make. You can also coat the chicken the night before and toss it in the oven before you’re heading out the door to your tailgate or party.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 2h 40m
- 2 c Buttermilk
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp. Hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. Fresh-ground pepper
- 2 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pkg Ritz crackers
- 6 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- Use a mallet to pound chicken to make chicken uniform sizes.
- Combine the buttermilk, garlic, hot-pepper sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (up to 12 hours).
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Set aside baking sheet with a wired baking rack.
- Crush the Ritz into coarse crumbs and place the crumbs in a large, shallow baking dish. Toss in the melted butter and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and coat with the crumbs.
- Place on the prepared racks and bake until golden and crisp, about 25 minutes.