- 2 ears of Local Sweet Corn, Decobbed
- 1 can of Creamed Corn
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. all purpose flour
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 ear of local sweet corn, grilled then decobbed
- 3 ea basil leaves, chiffonade
- 2 ea green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ea mint Leaves, chiffonade
- Combine the first set of ingredients into a blender or pitcher. With a pitcher you can utilize a stick blender to mix all of the ingredients together. Blend the ingredients until smooth, but it may still be a little chunky, which is fine for this recipe.
- Pour the custard mix into a greased glass or metal baking dish.
- Bake the mixture in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until the custard is firm.
- Let the baked custard cool for a few minutes and then put the dish into your refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to completely chill.
- Once the custard is completely chilled use a rubber spatula to remove the custard from the baking dish into a large mixing bowl.
- Continuing to utilize the rubber spatula, fold in the remainder of the ingredients and adjust the seasoning if need be. Feel free to substitute any of the herbs, Tarragon would be very nice as well.
- Serve the custard chilled or close to room temperature with your next southern feast.