- 1/2 c unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 c plus 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 c unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 c semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a bowl, whisk the butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, whisking to incorporate.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Spray the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a spoon or small scoop, place the dough onto each waffle section. Close the machine and cook until the cookies are set and beginning to brown. This won't take very long — probably two or three minutes, depending on the heat of your waffle iron. (They will be soft when you remove them and will firm up as they cool.)
- Transfer the cooked cookies to a wire rack.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.