- 1 zucchini
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb chicken breasts, grilled
- Handful of chopped toasted almonds
- Handful of fresh parsley
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- Romaine lettuce
- Slice 1 zucchini into ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Combine with red onion, thinly sliced, lemon zest, and fresh lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and let stand 30 minutes.
- Shred chicken and add to marinated zucchini along with a handful of chopped toasted almonds and fresh parsley. Cut 1 loaf Italian bread in half horizontally and hollow out.
- Make a sandwich with chicken mixture (including juices) and romaine lettuce leaves.