This power bowl is packed with protein, grains and fresh vegetables…everything you need to keep moving on your busiest days! Use leftover chicken to speed up the process.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 15m
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 c boneless and skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 c black beans, cooked
- 1/4 c corn kernels, cooked
- 1 1/2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 c quinoa, cooked
- 1/3 c bell pepper (any color) sliced into strips
- large spoonful of Cilantro Lime Hummus for garnish
- In a small saute pan, heat the olive oil. Once hot, add the peppers and cook just until softened. Set aside.
- Combine the quinoa and half the lime juice. Mix well and place in the bottom of a large serving bowl.
- Mix the cooked bell pepper, corn, and black beans into the quinoa.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, remaining lime juice, cumin, and chili powder. Gently mix into the quinoa. Top with Cilantro Lime Hummus.