- 2 lb raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 cups cooked and diced chicken)
- 1 box Uncle Ben's® Long Grain and Wild Rice Blend, Original Recipe (do not use seasoning pouch)
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1 c celery, diced
- 1 c frozen and thawed green peas
- 1 c sliced water chestnuts, cut in half
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. garlic salt
- 3/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 c Hellmann’s® mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. finely ground black pepper
- 3/4 c sharp cheddar cheese, hand-shredded
- 2 tbsp. cooked and crumbled bacon
- Lightly salt the chicken and boil for 10 minutes (the chicken will still be slightly raw). Dice into bite-sized pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 7 x 11-inch dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot, cook the wild rice with the chicken broth according to package directions.
- Combine the cooked chicken, cooked wild rice, celery, water chestnuts, and peas. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients together.
- Add the sauce to the chicken mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the casserole mixture into the prepared 7 x 11-inch dish.
- Top with the bacon if desired.
- Bake the casserole for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling.