- 1/2 baguette
- 16 oz frozen dark cherries
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 c water
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 c panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c boiled peanuts, shelled and chopped
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the baguette half on the bias into 3/4-inch-thick slices (about 10).
- Place the slices on a baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a saucepot over medium heat. Add the frozen cherries and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Use the side of a spoon to cut the cherries in half.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with 1/4 cup water. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the cherries, stirring to combine. Continue to cook until slightly thickened, 5 to 8 minutes more. Set aside to cool completely.
- To prepare the peanuts, place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and heat until melted. Spread out the breadcrumbs in the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until toasted, about 3 minutes. Push the breadcrumbs to the side of the skillet and add the peanuts. Heat for 1 minute just to cook off any brine. Turn off the heat and stir the peanuts into the breadcrumbs.
- To assemble, spoon the cherry sauce onto the crostini. Sprinkle the peanut crumble over the cherries. Sprinkle the crostini with the fresh mint and serve.