- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 4 lb baby back pork ribs
- 4 c Cheerwine
- 1 1/2 c Cheerwine
- 1/2 c cherry jam
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c tomato paste
- 1/4 c Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F and begin preparing ribs.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, brown sugar, black pepper, and chili powder; rub all over ribs.
- Divide ribs between 2 large disposable aluminum roasting pans, being sure to place meat side up.
- Pour 2 cups Cheerwine into each pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Roast ribs, switching pans’ positions halfway through cooking, until very tender, about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- While ribs cook, prepare the glaze: In a medium-size saucepan, whisk together Cheerwine, jam, brown sugar, Worcestershire, vinegar, tomato paste, mustard, and soy sauce; set over medium heat. Let cook, whisking occasionally, until reduced and syrupy, about 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove ribs from oven when tender. Remove foil and ribs from pans; pour fat and remaining liquid out of pans and discard.
- Carefully arrange for oven rack to be about 8 inches from broiler (no closer); preheat broiler.
- Brush ribs all over with prepared glaze and return to pans, placing meat side up.
- Broil for about 5 minutes or until lightly charred. Serve with extra glaze on the side.