Ginger Pear Chutney:
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 2 ripe pears, cored, seeded, and finely diced
- 1/4 c cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 c raisins
- 1/2 c Ginger Pear Chutney (see recipe above)
- 1/3 c pineapple juice
- 1/3 c soy sauce or tamari
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 c canola oil
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Sauté shallots over medium heat in a saucepan drizzled with oil. Add pears, vinegar, ginger, and honey, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook until the pears are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in raisins. Let sit to cool 10–15 minutes before using.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the pear chutney, pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic, and oil in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken thighs, shake bag to coat thighs with marinade, and return to refrigerator, marinating at least one hour or overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil (for easy clean up) and remove thighs with tongs and place on broiler pan. Discard marinade. Broil thighs 5–6 minutes per side, until the thickest part of the thigh registers 175° on an instant-read thermometer. Serve with remaining chutney at the table, if desired.